Whether it’s cake, cookies, or ice cream I always make sure to leave room for dessert. I mean, who can say no to a post-dinner (or maybe pre-dinner!) treat?! Growing up, I always loved ordering a milkshake or something ice cream-based (the friend-z at Friendly’a will forever be a favorite!) when we went out for dinner but I could never get the thickness right when I tried making them at home. Who knew something so simple could be so hard!?
After Chris got us a NutriBullet last fall and giving some different shakes and smoothies a try, I figured it was time to perfect my at-home milkshake and now that I have, it’s one of our favorite treats!
Most milkshake recipes call for whole milk but since I have a sensitive stomach and would already be using ice cream in my milkshake, I wanted to avoid adding any fuel to the fire and still achieve a thick, creamy milkshake.
Enter Live Real Farms Dairy + Almond Milk Blend. The first-of-it’s-kind milk blend is so delicious and gives me the best of both milk worlds – the creaminess of milk and the plant-based alternatives of almond milk. Gentle on my stomach, delicious in my milkshake.
Now that I got the texture of my milkshake down, it’s time to add in the flavor.
Here’s how to get my favorite (and easy!) milkshake in the comfort of your own kitchen.
The Easiest Milkshake Recipe
- 1 Pint Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 C. Live Real Farms Dairy + Almond Original Milk Blend
- 1/2 C. Hot Fudge
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel Drizzle
- Chocolate Chunks (I broke up my favorite Ghirardelli chocolate bar)
- Warm up a 1/2 cup of hot fudge in the microwave and scoop out of bowl onto a plate. Dip your glass of choice into it and place into the freezer to get hard.
- In your blender, combine 1 pint of vanilla bean ice cream and 1 cup of Live Real Farms Dairy + Almond Original Milk Blend and mix until combined.
- Take your glass out of the freezer and pour your milkshake into it!
- Top with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, chocolate chunks, and enjoy!