the details: pore strips, cleanser, clarisonic c/o (brush head), special cleansing lotion ‘c’, special cucumber lotion, drying mask, clay mask, makeup remover wipes, face cream, drying cream, eye cream
I have always been one to randomly try new skincare products, use them for a few days, only to ditch them and never use them again. I knew that doing this on a consistent basis wasn’t doing my skin any good and it was time to kick that bad habit to the curb. I had been neglecting my skin, not taking my products seriously, and saying heck with a consistent routing for way to long and it was time for a change. SO, over the last six or so months, I decided to get serious about my skin, found a skincare routine that works for me (and my skin), and I’ve never been happier.
Don’t forget to always apply your products from lightest to heaviest!
1. Remove makeup. My favorite part of the day is taking off my makeup and washing my face, but who’s isn’t?! I’ve been using the Neutrogena makeup remover wipes for YEARS to take off my makeup. It makes the process so much faster and if I’m super tired at night, it’s important I don’t have to fuss around for long periods of time making sure I got all of my mascara off.
2. Wash face. After taking off my makeup, I wash my face using the Clarisonic Mia 2 and Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser. The MB products are my absolute favorite (as you can probably tell). My face tends to be sensitive towards didn’t facial cleansers and I break out easily but the MB cleanser’s leave my face clean and don’t irritate my skin.
Related Post: The Mario Badescu Products You Have to Try
3. Tone. After washing my face, I use a cucumber toner remove any excess dirt and makeup that didn’t come off, purify my pores, and leave my face feeling extra clean. I also use a separate cleansing toner on my back, chest, and shoulders to remove impurities from my skin as well!
4. Moisturize. I typically let my skin sit for a few minutes after I use toner on it before I apply a moisturizer. I find that my skin gets dry at night and needs a little help staying plump so I apply the First Aid Beauty Skin Reacue Daily Face Cream allllll over my face. This is a newer product I added into my skincare routine and I can’t say enough good things! The bottle is also on the smaller size so I can easily throw it in my carry on bag when I’m traveling.
5. Eye cream. To help avoid wrinkles around my eyes, I apply a hyaluronic eye cream under my eyes and in the crows feet area to keep them extra moisture. Ain’t nobody got time for wrinkles.
6. Drying cream. I know everyone is a hugeeee fan of the MB drying lotion (wasn’t a huge fan tbh!) and if you’re it didn’t work well for you, I highly suggest using the MB drying cream instead! I have found that when I can even sense a zit, applying the drying cream helps the blemish heal 5x faster than with the lotion.
Other products I use….
Like every other girl, I love incorporating face masks into my routine and using the occasional pore strip to get those stubborn black heads to disappear. I typically use these products every 2-3 days, but depending on the severity of a break out, I will use the Mario Badescu Drying Face Mask every other day to speed up the healing process a little bit. I also love using the L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pure Clay Mask once a week, sometimes once every other week, to help exfoliate my skin and get rid of any dry flakes.
Related Post: The Face Masks I Use to Combat Breakouts
SHOP THE POST:
BIORÉ DEEP CLEANSING CHARCOAL PORE STRIPS / FIRST AID BEAUTY SKIN RESUCE DAILY FACE CREAM / CLARISONIC MIA 2 CLEANSING SYSTEM C/O & ACNE CLEANSING BRUSH / MARIO BADESCU SPECIAL CUCUMBER LOTION / MARIO BADESCU SPECIAL CLEANSING LOTION “C” / L’OREAL PARIS EXFOLIATE & REFINE PORES PURE CLAY MASK / MARIO BADESCU HYALURONIC EYE CREAM / MARIO BADESCU DRYING MASK / MARIO BADESCU ACNE FACIAL CLEANSER / MARIO BADESCU DRYING CREAM / NEUTROGENA MAKEUP REMOVER CLEANSING TOWELETTES